Sunday, February 26, 2006

So, what’s shaking in the AlphaTheGreat world these days, you ask?

Well, well, my lovelies… not too much has transpired since my last entry. We are still at war. I still dig Cali weather. Coffee and I have a scandalous love affair. Muse is in hiding (word on the street is she got an extreme makeover – home addition).

She’s moving. What I’m looking for: studio or 1-bed apartment, with a pool and balcony. Neighborhood is flexible (although I’m partial to beach settings). Small space is fine for this NJ native (um, did I mention that I’ve lived in LA for a year and a half, and the only furniture I have purchased is my computer desk). Let’s just say, my existence is rather bare. Nothing compared to my NY spread. Regression into simpler times (tangible items are SO overrated).

She’s grooving. Maybe you’ve seen her on Soul Train (should be airing soon), or perhaps in a movie with Forrest Whittaker (not sure of the name), but ATG should be gracing your television screens (small extra parts, dancing diva, studio show audience)… look for the golden fro.

She’s cruising. So I’m enrolling in a course at UCLA for a certificate in the combined Print & Broadcast Journalism program. Methinks I would like to learn a bit more about reporting and unbiased writing. Takes anywhere from 1-5 years to complete, so it looks like Grad School is on hold (not ready to take on thousands more in school loan debt, I dig eating out and perusing LA too much at this juncture).

She’s choosing. Work. Life. Work. Passion. Dream. Realization… what’s your story? what's your dream? So I’m working from home these days. Dig it. I’m a Sr. Corporate Trainer, training a company of 500+ employees on computer applications. I roll out of bed (Pee Wee Herman style) and teach via an online tool and phone line (in my pajamas, mind you). She’s in love with being in love with loving to love with her work situation. Home Office, we salute you.

She’s Who’s-In. 26, the year of the Alpha… I’m digging this aging like fine wine thing. Although my adoration of the East Coast shall never cease, the West keeps this invisible girl with the tan skin smiling.

More to come about love, life and the pursuit of happiness. I’ve got bunches to say about the currentaffairs du jour, but alas, my sweets, we must wait another time for me to impart my small batch of erudition to this American Idle microcosm....

No comments: