Maybe I expect too much from people. My trip included:
- 3 lies in terms of hotel location and amenities
- 4 incorrectly charged prices
- 2 bouts of very slow and or NO service from customer service/concierge
- 12 examples of unprofessional behavior in the hospitality workforce
Hm.
What happens when a hotel tells you they have free wireless access in every room, and it turns out to be network cable plug in only, with only 15 plug ins available (two of them broken) and the rest taken?
- What happens when valet loses the radio volume button for your rental car?
- What happens when you call for a cab with a credit card and they arrive without a credit card processor?
- What happens when you order a chardonnay and they give you a zinfandel, and then ask for a menu and they give you a pen (yes, that’s right, I know pen and menu sound very similar)?
- What happens when you check into a room and they don’t have the air conditioner on when you arrive so its 120 degrees, sticky, hot, and smells of urine (I can tell you the answer to this one)?
Among my adventures in this place they call the happiest place on earth.
So I’m winding down on my tripdeflorida… leaving Tuesday (sigh of relief) ~ SCRATCH THAT, TIME FLIES IN THE LANDOFBLOG, I’M HOME.
I’d be lying if I didn’t say that this trip has changed me.
Molded me.
Estranged me.
The Musings Of ATG:
Eating Alone – you glean so much information about the environment around you by listening to all the transactions that occur in front of you while you are relaxing with a glass of chardonnay, prime rib and a baked potato (cornucopia of mindmelds).
People talk.
To me.
To you.
To no one in particular.
To themselves.
LISTEN.
This Weekend’s Highlights:
Singing Summer Lovin’ (from Grease) with a butchmiddleagedlesbianwithonearm (seriously, I couldn’t make this shit up if I tried).

Here Name Was Lola…
Reminisced of times of old with Honey (queue song: “her name was Lola, she was a showgirl…”. Yeah, Honey… that’s her in the middle:

65+ and still serving drinks at some crappy hotel bar, with stories that would make your grandparents reminisce.
The Audience Should Know: I reconvened with my ex-boyfriend from college, that’s him to the right,
Same
Old
Same
Old
Same
Nostalgia or bust.
So back to Honey… she was a highlight. She reminded me of how I could be, or how I would be, old, unremarkable yet remarkable, distinguished, smiling…
~ Pause For Intermission ~
On Line At the Perkins Waiting For A Table
Everyone is old
Old people talk about how they are getting old
Old people complain when they have to wait on lines
Old people will die soon
What’s your excuse?
Bite size musings of good and evil, life and death, love and hate… rearrange me.
Orlando
Tampa
Fort Myers
Miami
West Palm Beach
Lake Worth
Wellington
Among my travels. Gulliver would be jealous.
So what has this girl learned?
Hm… she’ll wrap it up in alliteration for you when she returns from Vegas… baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment