Far be it from me to use spaceofmy to talk about the music I dig… but I think I’m about the only one in LA that bought a cd yesterday (nostalgia is bliss). The Killers. I never heard their first album or a song from their album… until I moved to LA. It was my first LA outing, some big release party and they performed, and everyone seemed to know who they were, and I never heard of them. I didn’t even like it that much when I heard their concert. Nothing memorable.
Fast forward a bit.
I saw them again… performing, Vegoose about a year ago.

I fell in love.
Mousy Brandon Flowers, with a name like love sounds.
I was in the front row… acting like media with my mediapass… digging it like archeology.
was given the album
Sam’s Town.
They did for Vegas what Bruce did for Jersey.
It’s a story, and she’s in love and hate and above and irate.
So I play that damn record out like there is no tomorrow.
and I hear they have a new album out (as I pass a store window in New York… solstice of my sole).
So I go into a shop… you know it’s hard to find a music shop these days. Twas a record shop in Burbank.
There it was.
Killers, you did not disappoint me.
Sawdust. (different sound from Sam’s Town)… it’s like Eaglesclassicmeets punkGoslingmeetsDylan’snewstuff.
I must admit… the first listen, I was less than impressed. Three full listen-throughs later, I’m hooked.
It’s not like Sam’s Town where I could listen to every song
but close enough in a world of suckymusicshit my $13.49 was money well spent.
Songs that rock like igneous:
Tranquilize (um, by far one of the best stories i've heard in years)
Romeo and Juliet (ATG SCREAMS: i'm sure dire staits didn't mind)
and of course… Sam’s Town (Abbey Road Version... makes me wanna...)
you dig?
No comments:
Post a Comment