so yesterday, on AlphaMartinLove Day, we had an amazing evening:
We talked of course, first, about V-day, and he especially wanted to know what was expected of him (gotta love these foreign men!). I told him I wasn’t into the whole “commercialized-show-your-love-with-crappy-candy-try-to-get-a-table-at-a-restaurant-because-they-made-up-some-holiday-to-stimulate-the-economy” and he was totally fine with that.
So we pre-planned it… we bought ourselves a Playstation 2. And some games… Karaoke Revolution, Rocky, Jeopardy (well, I actually went and bought Jeopardy and some other Trivia games, and he was like “uh, can we have LESS nerd games please” heheee)
and we planned to have a wonderful evening inside, we made fondue, chocolate covered strawberries, we took a walk under the stars…. it was AWESOME.
but here’s the funny part:
so I was in the pharmacy a few days earlier, and although we said we weren’t doing additional gifts… I picked him up some shoe insoles because he said his feet were hurting him when we were walking. I wrapped up the insoles in the weather section of the newspaper and handed it to him when he walked in yesterday.
then he said, that’s funny, I got you something to, and he handed me Tums!!! I had complained the past week that my stomach was bothering me, so he picked up some Tums in case that happened again. We were laughing so hard at our 80-year-old couple gifts!! Tums and insoles, sheesh… geriatrics, here we come!
that’s love folks.
needs. not wants.
met.
No comments:
Post a Comment