Monday, December 06, 2010

So much to update, so little time!!! We are smack-dab in the middle of some major home renovations. We actually just had our kitchen floors re-done by Empire Today.  They had terrible reviews online for their Carpet installations so I was a bit skeptical, and I couldn't find any reviews on their ceramic tile installation so I went out on a whim when hiring them. I was so pleasantly surprised at the results (will post pictures soon). They did an awesome job, and the sales guy was here on a Tuesday and the actual work was started the next day!!! Talk about speedy service, took them a full day and a half to complete it, and the tile looks amazing!!!!  Now we are replacing our counter-top and sink/faucet (CARBON COPY: DIYers got NOTHING on us!)

Saturday was a SNOW DAY!!! It never snows here, so it was unseasonably weird.  Me and the hubby woke up late (gotta love the weekends) and then proceeded to have a lazy-day Saturday by watching the movie 2012. Neither of us had been outside at that point and it was already about 2PM.  We took a little movie-break to get some snacks, and I looked outside and viola, SNOW GALORE (which was creepy because we were watching a movie about weird climate changes and alas, we were experiencing snow in a place where it very rarely snows!)

So we stayed in all day, drank coffee, watched movies and installed our new over-the-range microwave.  Took us almost 3 hours to get the darn thing in (SEE ALSO: Fuck directions, we are doing this OUR WAY or the HIGHWAY!).

Yesterday I got around to putting up some Christmas decorations. Our house has been a total mess with all the renovations happening, so I didn't want to take out any until the bulk of the renovations were completed. We are going to get a tree this weekend, can't wait!  We can already see that our little Teenie-vixen-Kitty is going to be a handful around the tree/decorations, she's already knocked over and pulled apart several decorations, as well as chewed on quite a few lightbulbs. KITTY PROOF is in order in the Esser household!!!

Few, that's all I got for now... what do I want for Christmas you ask???  Well that's an easy one, the pitter-patter of little feet!!!  Operation Baby-Create has commenced!!! Mr. Stork, please do stop by our household!!!!

1 comment:

ME! said...

TMI? Perhaps... HA!!!