Monday, January 24, 2011

Dearest Blog I have not forsaken thee!!!!  Updates you ask?  Well here are a few:


2011 started off kind of crappy, Ryan's grandfather died so he was away attending the funeral and I stayed back at the ranch to be on pet-sit duties.  Ryan was really close with his grandparents, so I'm doing everything I can to be the supportive wife. Death fucking sucks.


Life for the newly married couple has been wonderful... we live, we laugh, we love.  The job market out here is not-so-great so the hubby has had a tough time finding gainful employment. We feel totally blessed though as at least I still have my job and he just started a new job today!  Woot Woot, thanks-be to the powersthatbe i.e. livelovelaughraingods


I recently finished reading Johnathan Franzen's Freedom... I don't get the hype. The book fucking sucked. What a waste of time. I swear, sometimes I feel like the masses and I just don't see things eye-to-eye. 


We went to an MMA fight this weekend (SEE ALSO: 1st round = dislocated shoulder and knee socket, 2nd bout 26 second knock-out). Ryan's good friend is a fighter, and he won! I gotta say, out of all the sporting events I have attended (more like dragged to) by significant-others of past, MMA fighting is by far the most interesting. 


What else, what else...
Um, I dyed my hair black. Dark black. Looks crazy... I'd post pics, but I made a pact with myself not to post any pics until I lose some fucking weight (no seriously ATG, put down that damn cookie!!!!).  


Lastly... can we TAWLK about all the crap going on in the world. Mass animal deaths, crazy politics.  Shit be hittin' the fan, yo (in my best sassy black-girl voice).  I'm in the habit of treating every day like the amazing thing it is and living like there is no tomorrow... so whatever shall be shall be, but sheesh, can't a girl get some good news out there please???


hrphm. 





1 comment:

ME! said...

"I recently finished reading Johnathan Franzen's Freedom... I don't get the hype. The book fucking sucked. What a waste of time. I swear, sometimes I feel like the masses and I just don't see things eye-to-eye"

Nothin' wrong with that! To this day I still don't get why people are obsessed with "On the Road" by Kerouac... Worst. Book. Ever. I want those HOURS OF MY LIFE BACK! No? Okaaaay then...