Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Went to a restaurant that is supposed to be one of the top in NC... inside was nice, drinks were stiff, wine was good... I ordered:
Coastal Hog-Nosed Snapper over Brinkley Farm Field Peas and Local Squash finished in a Sweet Butter Poached Rock Shrimp & Dill Sauce

It was really delicious, one of the best fish I've had in a long time.

The hubs got:
Grilled Black Angus Strip Steak with NANA’S Mashed Potatoes, Local Mustard Greens and Truffled Cauliflower finished in a Bone-Marrow Sauce. 

Unfortunately, it was disgusting. I felt so bad, since mine was so good, and the hubs doesn't like seafood, and there wasn't really anything else on the menu he wanted so he ate it. I tried a taste, it was by far the worst steak I have had at a restaurant... fatty, chewy, really weird flavor, so weird because the restaurant is supposed to be the best!  So we said we would definetely return to this restaurant on future anniversaries (the risotto appetizer we had was great and other people's food looked delish, and I gotta say I'm daydreaming about the fish I had!), but we did in fact stop at Wendy's on the way home so hubs could grab a cheeseburger! ha!

ANNNNNND... I was right on point with my gift (see below post), as the hubs got me something I asked him for a few months ago, the old school game "Guess Who". That was my favorite game when I was younger.  A. Perfect. Anniversary. 

No comments: