“Do you want to kiss me?” That is what I asked. No particular reason why I asked, I didn’t think about it. It’s one of those things that just comes out of your mouth, and you’re not quite sure why, or what it means, or what you might do pending on the answer. But I asked nonetheless. I’m not sure what he was thinking, or why he thought I wanted to know, but that is not what this is really about. I persisted. He abstained. The answer required a simple “yes” or “no”, but in that moment, the possibilities were endless. It would have been different if we hadn’t kissed before –we have–. It would have been different if we hadn’t just kissed the moment before I asked –we had–. For some reason, that is what I was wondering at that moment, and for that moment it was the only thing that mattered. Then it was like I needed an answer, and it didn’t matter if the answer was yes or no, but I needed to know.
But I think he gets me, you know. He never asks why, or he never says that’s weird, or he never says your crazy (well sometimes). Life is kind of like that…
He abstained.
I think its better off that way.
No comments:
Post a Comment