Hohum. Tis another week gone by... and methinks I will reflect on "family". The hubs and I just had a very crappy visit to The Jerse packing up his grandparents house. So many memories in that house, in fact we found a 50 year anniversary card that I had signed in 1998 to his grandparents! So crazy to think that 13 years ago Ryan and I were together, and now we are together again! LOVE IT!
Packing up the belongings of over 80 years of memories was heart-wrenching. The pictures, the memories, the laughter and the tears... really makes you focus on what's important. That coupled with the horrible disasters in Japan, and the general state of the world, it's hard not to pull out the "whoa is us" card. I've been trying to be the happy-cheery person throughout this whole thing, as the hubs is devastated and I don't want to add to his misery, but it's hard to keep a smile on your face when there is just so much damn crap going on!
So here's my recipe for fighting the "grrrrrrrrrrrrr this sucks blues":
RandomThingThatMakesMeSmile 1: bake something! try to have a frown on your face when you are eating a cupcake, no seriously TRY IT.
RandomThingThatMakesMeSmile 2: sing something! nothing like an extremely loud version of the star spangle banner in my car, just like the good-ole days.
RandomThingThatMakesMeSmile 3: play with my Teenie! My little kitten-head makes me laugh with her silly antics, that coupled with the fact that she is missing a tooth (an important one, the large fang that cats usually have), so it makes me laugh to call her "meth mouth" and see her little lip get caught on her gums (ATG=terrible mamma!).
RandomThingThatMakesMeSmile 4: hang out with family! I happen to have the greatest in-laws in the world, so hanging with them is always a good time, I'm so lucky to have them!
and lastly: make my husband play board games no matter how much he protests!!! The best game ever to fight the blues is "Vanilla Ice Electronic Rap"... try NOT to laugh when you have to sing rap lines like: "King of the candle flame, his rap was claim, like a lyrical poet name, yo mama said lame..."
Phew, I feel better already!
1 comment:
#2 - AND THE ROCKET'S RED GLARE... THE BOMBS BURSTING IN AIR. GAVE PROOF THROUGH THE NIGHT... (I can feel myself getting hoarse already)
I wish I could bake you something to cheer you two up. :)
Post a Comment