I felt so sneaky. There, in the snow, slyly covering my tracks like a fox on the trail of its newfound prey. I laughed. It was one of those hearty guttural laughs that brought back memories of childhood playfulness and mid-life crisis. My arms were numb, and my legs resembled a snowy incline, complete with avalanches and snow-slides. I wondered if my glove did cease to be a glove when it no longer protected me from the harsh reality that is winter. Frantically I continued. It was like I couldn’t stop, exhilarating me, exhausting me, taking every ounce of my being.
The snow danced on my face, the cold bit my feet, the ice stabbed my ears. But I continued. Gallantly. (QUICK! GET DOWN!) I thought someone was peaking out of the window. My adrenaline was pumping and my body glistened with sweat despite the frigid weather. I almost gave myself away. As I rounded the edge of completion the victory was mine. I had accomplished, defeated, life summoned me to a task and I was its owner. Then as I quickly ran away from my prey, I knew that somewhere, somehow, someway I made a difference. I was the catalyst. I made a change. The possibilities of outcomes were endless. I walked home, a victorious warrior returning to her rightful habitat.
…and when that family goes outside to start their car, they will see the result of my handiwork. For, their car was happily cleared of all snow by the Walk-By-Car-Clearer-Bandit. Their lives might never be the same.
I never ask why I received the mission, I never complain, I never think “why me”. I just do it, because that’s what life is all about. Make Change.
No comments:
Post a Comment